Saving Grace World Missions

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WORLD CUP... SORTA!

Yesterday (Monday), we finished the VBS program in Mambia.  The children enjoyed everything, especially when we gave them individual pictures that we had printed of each of them.  After that we played a soccer match (called football here).  It was “California” against “Mambia”.  Lots of people came out and we even had an announcer giving play by play over a loudspeaker.  In the end, we lost the game 2 to 3 but we had a great time!  Today is our day of rest.  We will go stay here in town and maybe do some souvenir shopping.  Tomorrow we head out to start our VBS in Tanene.  Kristina is doing much better and was even able to walk around a little on her foot last night.  Thanks again for all your prayers!

2 comments:

Sarai said...

Sounds so fun! Must have some natural athletes on the team ;)

Hey, Zach! I hope your experiences in Guinea have been more amazing than you ever imagined! Can't wait to hear about what the Lord is doing in your heart! Praying for you today!

seagee410 said...

I am glad you are doing better Kristina! I loved your email too by the way i dont know if i ever mentioned that. We have soooooo much to catch up on!!! ahhhh I cant wait to see all of you guys again!!!
- Carissa