

What a great start to our time here in Guinea! We were welcomed in a grand way in the village of Mambia. At the school, the children greeted us with worship songs. Some of us were brought to tears as we listened to the name of Jesus glorified in the tiny mosque. After that, each of us was given a special shirt and we were paraded into the town hall to singing and dancing. Much of the town was there as well as the government leader from Kindia. We were very honored. At the end of the day we were given a traditional meal of rice and sauce. There is so much more to share that will have to wait until we return. Thanks for your continued prayers!
12 comments:
Wow guys... I didn't get a shirt last year! You guys look great and again... God is moving in Guinea!
Haha, I'm with jb!! You guys look sweaty and totally fulfilled :) I hope your first day was everything you hoped and more. Love you all
So glad to "see" all of you. Sounds like a very exciting first day there. Proud to know such faithful servants who are willing to go around the world for Jesus! (Tell Nan the Savages are off to Haiti today too.)
Much better to a shirt instead of livestock. Very nice to see pixs. Paul did you get your leaf sauce?
Kristina- I was wrong, your hair still looks cute.
I loved the pictures. Kristina are you finding rocks to work out with. Mihaela the kids at work want you to come back with lots of new games to play. I miss you guys. Cant wait to see more pictures.
KRISTINA!!! I miss you so much!!! I can't wait to have you in my presence again... you know because it is really hard for me NOT to be around you since EVERYONE loves to be around you! haha I can't wait to hear all of your stories. OH my neighbor burnt me the Insanity DVD's!! today is day one!!! wish me luck!!!
By the way, "seagee410" is Carissa. :)
Mihaela! It's Carissa, little Ryan told me yesterday that we are invited to his birthday party and its on a cruise ship!!! haha he made me sign a contract he made for it and everything! it was so funny! the kids miss you and so do i!!!
You guys and gals are probably rising and shining over there just about now. Today (Friday) is your day, Tino! I know you were anxious about a lot of stuff but I know you really didn't actually care about your luggage. Or the shots!! You cared about following where the Lord was leading you. Be blessed today and the rest of the trip. Love you!!
Kristina! There is a large poster of you in the gym... before and afters. haha you are so cute. :)i thought you'd like to know :) i hope you are doing well!! hurry and come back because i miss you!!! sorry i sound so selfish. :( i just need my best friend!!! K well I DO have Aaron and Jodie but we all need you too!!! Love you!!
You all look like your having a GREAT time. Love the shirts! Bring me one. It will go with my blue eyes.
Post a Comment