Many of you know that we got a kitten shortly after arriving here. He has been a source of great comfort and joy to Jenn as well as to the kids. Well this last Monday night we lost the cat. Somehow he managed to get out the apartment door and then ran away. We searched as best we could but he was no where to be found. Jenn was very disturbed and had a hard time sleeping. The kids found out in the morning. Selah was hoping that he would return to us and I told her that we needed to pray and ask God for that to happen. I went to our old house in Lambanyi and looked around there hoping that perhaps he found his way back there. The day went by with no cat. At about 2:00 this morning, Cedar woke up crying, which is normal. I went in and comforted him back to sleep. As I sat on the edge of his bed, I heard a faint mewing coming from outside. I went out onto the balcony (we are on the third floor). As I looked down in the dakrness, I finally made out a small black and white figure over the ten foot wall behind the aprtments. I said “Coconut?”. At that he got very excited and began crying very loudly and pacing behind the wall. I woke Jenn up and let her know what was going on. She went downstairs and did her best to get people to help her get the cat. Meanwhile I watched Coconut to make sure he did not disappear. After about half an hour Jenn came back upstairs with no success. I decided to go downstairs to see what I could do. I found a ladder and climbed the wall. I then draped a sheet over the wall and kept encouraging him to climb the blanket. Finally he did and he was very happy to be back home. God has shown us once again His compassion and His grace!
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment